• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions - CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED no permission to copy the book

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this message when I try to transfer a book from ADE to my Sony PRS-350 ereader. This is an Overdrive book from the library and should have the relevant DRM on it.

- Both my ereader and computer are authorised with the same Adobe ID

- I have tried deuthorising and reauthorising both

- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Digital Editions

- When I plug my ereader into the computer and try to view my book on screen it gives me the error message 'No record for this loan is found on this machine'

- I have also tried deleting the Adobe Digital Editions file in my ereader

Nothing has worked at all.

Is there a known issue with ADE?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is an issue with ADE/PRS-350.

See if any of my suggestions at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4915670#4915670 work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the book was initially downloaded anonymously, you will receive the message that you reported getting when you attempt to transfer it to another location.

You'll likely need to either have the download activation reset, or you'll have to delete the title from ADE and re-download it.  Either way, it's imperative that you have ADE properly authorized beforehand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my kobo both with books I have purchased from kobo and library books I try to borrow.  Has never been a problem with older versions of Adobe.  Did anyone figure out what is needed to fix this?  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the message, no permission to copy the book with a library book I borrowed and have on ADE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if your Digital Edition and your Reader are authoirze with the same Adobe ID. If yes check if the eBook can copy. Some Library eBooks have no permissoins to copy the eBook to a other device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the settings on my Kobo and it says "Not authorized with Adobe Digital Editions".  Can you tell me how to change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used no Kobo as reader so i do not know how can authiorze this device. If you start Digital Edition and connect your reader with the device its ask no for authorize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue -- I have borrowed e-books from my local library for years and transferred them to my Kobo, now every book I try to transfer I get an error message saying "Book Title CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED  No permission to copy the book".

This is ridiculous. I have wasted endless time uninstalling, reinstalling, deauthorizing, reauthorizing. Adobe needs to get their act together on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is an issue with the latest Kobo software update as I had the same problem too, not Adobe as I mine worked fine before so I reverted my Kobo to software dated December 2015 and this resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kobo software update? This is new for me. Unless it auto-updates, I have never either installed nor downloaded software updates for my Kobo, and I've had it for at least 3 or 4 years. And it worked just fine with ebooks borrowed from the library until now.

Would you be able to explain how to "revert your Kobo to softwared dated December 2015"?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue every single time I try to download an ebook from ADE to my kobo.  It makes me so furious I want to throw the book and my iMac across the room.  ADE should step up and post advice on this, or whoever is responsible.  People are getting paid for developing these apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this issue been fixed yet? I've been having this exact issue all day and can't seem to figure it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  It was fine with my previous laptop, only happened when I changed  to a new laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines