Exit

adobe digital editions does not start

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10 home version 1903

ade version: 4.5 

it is not possible to open the programm, even not as admin.

i tried several bugfixes like new installation, deactivate defender, rename the folder 'my digital editions' etc.

So anybody has a solution?

Greets

TOPICS
Download , DRM , Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution but having a similar problem. It started after the last Win10 update, I tried launching ADE and it froze on the splash screen. Tried re-installing and I'm getting the same thing. If I can find it I'm going to go back to an earlier version of ADE, that has worked in the past. I'm sick and tired of Adobe and MS wasting my time and stopping me from using my computer and e-reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheer up Npchilds1 it is now nearly 2021 and as yet Adobe are refusing to recognise there is a problem.  Have you, by any chance, stumbled on a solution.

Happy New Year and good luck with ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing ADE 3.0 worked, along with de-authorising then re-authorising the computer and my e-reader. Hard to believe that in 2020 we still have software from major companies like Adobe that act like a POS written in somebody's basement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines