• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions does not sync across devices

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the product descriptions and several FAQs I found, it is an alleged feature that when I download media and open it in Digital Editions on, say, my PC, it should sync to my Digital Editions (same ID) on other devices like my tab.

I have 'auto-download' enabled. But this syncing doesn't seem to be happening. (Concrete example: I downloaded two library books to ADE on my PC with the same ID I use on my tab, but these books are not showing up on my tablet. The two books that are in my ADE library on the tab are also not showing up in the ADE library on my PC.) I also don't see any 'sync now' button or similar.

What am I missing, why is this feature not working?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 133 Replies 133
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe team, this is obviously not working correctly.

Multiple users have tried reinstalling the app on PC, re-authorizing the account, but sync is not working across devices.

Can we expect some official known issue post from you and ETA for the fix?

For a workaround, we are copy/pasting book files between devices manually, which is not the intended way this should work.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with you, prolit. Adobe MUST give an official answer about this problem. Community is waiting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a free app. Adobe doesn't care if it doesn't work. I can't even manually add any books on my Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.. Library at my MAcbook is not synced with Tab ... It was working perfectly well before...But not anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well.
Plus, i had to completely stamp my pc because it wasn't turning on properly so all my e books on my pc are gone. I had hoped they would show up on my laptop, because i had synced with the same id but obviously no..

i had lots and lots of books there..

to add to that, when i open adobe on my newly set up pc no books show up at all...not a single one even though they have the little cloud symbole when i open adobe on my laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Not ideal when you purchase a book that can only be read by ADE, opening it the first time on my Mac, and now I can't read it on my phone or my tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.
Tried reinstalling/udpating with no luck, some old ones are synced, new ones are not.

I've noticed there's a small cloud icon in the top left corner of synced epubs but I see no selectable command or action I can use to activate (or deactivate, for that matter) this option.

Any clues about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a first time user of ADE.  I am having this problem as well.  I added my first book on my PC, and it shows a little cloud symbol.  I installed and authorized ADE on my phone, and I've waited for > 1/2 day for my book to appear.  I tried de-authorizing and re-authorizing and nothing is showing up.

Does this feature still exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem.  I've authorized the same account on both my computer and my samsung s7 and it won't sync.  It doesn't show any listed devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My doesn't work either..have the ebook of my laptop but doesn't sync with my Android or iPad device... please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work automatically, however you can copy your ebooks. It's easy, you only have to search the "My Digital Editions" Folder in your first device on a computer it wil be at "My Documents" Folder, if you have an Android, you can search for a folder named "Digital Editions".

Well... once you have found the right folder, you can copy to an USB the book(s) you want to copy to another device.

In the second device you start the ADE program, then you select the "Add to Library" option, and finally you select the book you want!

et Voila! You are ready to read your book in the second device.

Note: You have to previosly authorize the second device with the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I cannot seem to add anything on my android device? Have you had this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly going from Windows (authorized and working) to Android phone (authorized and not working). Copied the .pub from PC to phone and t showed up immediately with no refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me.  I'm using Windows 10 x64 (all updates installed) and ADE version 4.5.6.177148   my android tablet is a Alcatel one touch model 9006W. 

Logged in and authorized as same ID on both computer and Tablet. 

USB connection set to Media - share files

Auto download is enabled

I have tried all suggestions unplugging / exiting / refreshing / reinstalling / ect No luck.  The book imported into the computer's ADE - but the tablet does not show up in the library as the getting started book said it would.

I am trying to transfer a ACSM file I borrowed from overdrive and downloaded to my computer.  I even tried to just manually transfer the file into the "Books" folder and the "Downloads" folder - I didn't see a specific folder for ADE.  When I tried to open the file in downloads the error was "No application to read the file". 

The Tab app does not have a File -> open option in it like the desktop version does. 

I guess this means... No comic books for us! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this just doesn't work at all.  Evidently if you buy a new Nook, which has a different operating system, it should work, but I can't even get the thing to read on my ipad.  Doesn't sync across devices, and doesn't show up in the library or in itunes. Completely maddening, and Adobe help only sends me to forums, where there is also no help -- as per this string. I can BUY a book directly on my Nook, that still works, but when I download from the library, which I used to do all the time, I can only read it on my computer, which I really don't want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very very frustrating but got it working on android but not using Adobe Digital Editions

1. download to Aldiko

2. copy files from PC to google drive

3. download from google drive

4. Go to aldiko and "open file"

5. go to files and click on PDF downloaded from google drive

6. Enter adobe User ID

7. And it worked for me

Very frustrating. After the above worked I tried to copy the PDF to the Adobe Manifest folder but that did not work either. Hope the above helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem i.e., ADE stopped displaying the ebooks I checked out in Overdrive.  Any ideas on on  how to "return borrowed item(s)" to the library (Overdrive) if they aren't displayed in an ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Have a laptop but I only read from my tablet.

Have the app on both devices.  Have uninstalled/reinstalled the apps.  Have de-authorised and authorised both devices but my books are not on my tablet.

The only way to read them on the tablet is to save them on a memory card, put that in the tablet, add all the books individually to drop box, then open them all individually in digital editions.  I have over 150 so this is very time consuming especially  when every time I download a new book I have to do this whole process again.

There must be an easy way to read books on both devices?  Why aren't they on the tablet automatically when I've used the same adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bloody useless app. just installed and registered on computer and android tablet but cannot for the life of me get the books on the tablet.

tried all suggestions above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It'd be super cool if Adobe cared enough about its customers to fix a serious issue that has apparently been broken for at least 6+ months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue, I have given up trying to read library books on my kobo as there seems to be no fix for that, so I installed the digital editions app on my phone. I was able to read one book and now that I have new library books they are not syncing. Tried ll of the advice and tips here and nothing has worked. VERY FRUSTRATED. Adobe, can you do anything right? Can you please fix your issues so people can continue using your products they way that they are ADVERTISED to be able to be used?FIX YOUR ISSUES, PLEASE. This is a problem that has been going on for almost a year. Do you need to hire new IT staff - please consider this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not sync across devices that are authorized, windows 7 10 and android user here. Absolute trash, Adobe should be ashamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just have to be impressed by the cool attitude of Adobe - simply ignoring the thread and the obvious problems.

In my case I've installed the book on my macbook - trying to access it from Android. The app doesn't suggest that it is trying to sync, so no clue as to where the problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of creating an ad nauseam effect. Same problem for me. Using Kobo Aura ereader, Windows version of ADE as well as the Android version on tablet. My tablet is OTG (on the go) capable so i connected the Kobo to my tab with the appropriate cable. The ADEversion on the tab doesn't recognise the Kobo in the library. The tab recognizes the Kobo as a USB key so i tried transfering all the book files from tab to reader. Either they don't show or i get a message saying the ereader is not authorized. Yet all my books have been downliaded from library using the same Adobe ID. I guess non paying apps are not important enough for Adobe to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you would think with increased mobility they would set it up so that ereaders would be recognised by OTG tablet editions. I travel a lot with my tablet but not with my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines