• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions does not sync across devices

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the product descriptions and several FAQs I found, it is an alleged feature that when I download media and open it in Digital Editions on, say, my PC, it should sync to my Digital Editions (same ID) on other devices like my tab.

I have 'auto-download' enabled. But this syncing doesn't seem to be happening. (Concrete example: I downloaded two library books to ADE on my PC with the same ID I use on my tab, but these books are not showing up on my tablet. The two books that are in my ADE library on the tab are also not showing up in the ADE library on my PC.) I also don't see any 'sync now' button or similar.

What am I missing, why is this feature not working?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My purchased books show on my iPad, but none of the public domain books in my ADE library on my PC are visible in the iPad app.

Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe, hello???? you going to answer? i have bought a book, and it doesn't make a lot of sense as i can not sync it with my tablet. I understand that this is a free software, but whats the point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.  I just had all the above frustrations (which result in ADE having a score of 2.3 !!).  What worked for me was using Adilko which is fine.  You copy the pdf to your Android device, open Adilko, just choose "files" on the left, click on the DRM pdf file and it asks you to authorise with your AdobeID.  Done!  At least Adilko works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Thanks, alan38193791!  I copied both the pdf and ascm files over to my Android device, then imported the ascm file within Adliko, and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. Aldiko just says "could not load file". I can only open my PDF file from my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are, over 18 months later, and this issue is still very popular on the internet. No-one seems to have a definitive solution to the problem. I too have an iPad with ADE and a Mac desktop with ADE installed. I can download acsm files and pdf ebooks to the computer without an issue. However, no matter what I do on the iPad, it seems to only randomly sync files. I had 3 files out of 6 sync and have tried everything to no avail, yet they were all purchased from the same shop at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my library in sync on two Windows PC devices, but my library does not show up on my Android phone... really frustrating since I have purchased books that can only be downloaded once, meaning I cannot download them again on my phone.

Adobe please give some assistance here please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Any bugs or problems is not an issue. However not replying to our problem is. Just say that you are trying to solve our problem instead of ignoring us. Shame!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the same thing is happening to me.  I recently got an iphone and thought it would be easy to synch my library books downloaded to my mac' ADE. but NO.  No matter what I do the books do not appear on the iphone even though I've signed in with my adobe id.  Unbelievable the complete abandonment of ADE which is used by thousands of libraries across the world.  And adobe just can't be bothered to fix this.  Kindle is easily synched among devices, so it can't be that hard.  I'm going to lobby the San Francisco Public Library and the New York City Public Library to stop using ADE and only use kindle.  I encourage everyone with this problem to tell their libraries to CANCEL ADE, because it is a piece of crap.

'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say I'm struggling with the same issue. Within ADE I don't see any way of contacting customer support. Adobe seems to have more or less abandoned this project. Maybe they're ceding the ground to Amazon. Perhaps this just isn't making them money. I wish companies would at least open source their technology when they get in this state. We need at least two or three competitors in this realm to make things work. I was looking at getting a Rakuten Kobo e-reader but it relies on Adobe DRM and if it's going to be this buggy it's making me question that. Actually, I would prefer NO DRM, but apparently that's not an option. They'd rather just let one company dominate the space rather than realize what the music industry did a long time ago: people are willing to pay reasonable fees for the use of a product that they own and is without DRM and can be transferred.

Anyway, this obviously isn't reaching anyone at Adobe. But in the off chance it is please show ADE some love. Or open source your DRM implementation so others can produce free software that will do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get my DE book from my computer to work on my tablet after a lot frustration.

I had the book's download link file saved on my computer(.acsm file). I sent it to my tablet by email and manually moved to folder internal memory/Digital Editions/acsm. And behold it worked after program restart. Hope you get it work too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am not the only one...

I downloaded a purchased book on my phone and it is very difficult to read due to screen size. I have tried to sync two other devices and thus far been unsuccessful. I am highly frustrated with the app at the moment!!!

Need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a book and save it first time on Windows pc. Open it with authorized ADE (Windows) - working fine.

Then tried to sync with my android authorized ADE - nothing happend, and next I've tried everything posted here - no worked for me.

So, start reading the Getting started with ADE ->

Table of content -> Diagnosing problems -> Corrupted and deleted documents:

"Simply go back to your library or bookseller website, re-download the book, and re-open it in ADE".

Go back to the online store to my purchases by my android.

By link clicking I was asked to open with what.

Next choose the ADE and it came.

Re-downloading the book from the online store by my android

(the store saves your data, hope every store/bookseller do it)

SOLVED the problem for me.

Good luck everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DE is a very poor indictment on the company. If I had any thoughts on spending money with Adobe they're gone now, after trying to use this steaming pile of excrament and losing hours in the process.

Adobe, this garbage product makes you look utterly incompetent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with my iPad for about a month now. The file does open on my Mac, but the app does not sync on my iPad. I can however put the files manually on my Kobo ereader or my iPad, but come on, we're not in 1998. I tried to deauthorize-reautorize, delete and install the apps on my Mac and my iPad, I even tried ADE 3.0 on my computer. It doesn't work. I even tried syncing my account with Bluefire, and NOTHING. It's frustrating... I don't know why it worked very well for more than a year and out of nowhere, without a change of device, it doesn't sync anymore..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!! for Android devices

In an earlier reply posted part of the solution. To manually make a document visible on an Android device there are four steps. The complete solution is as follows:

1.) Connect your Android device to your computer.

2.) Copy the downloaded link file (.acsm file) which is probably in the Downloads folder on your PC to the Local/Internal Storage/Digital Editions/acsm folder on your Android device.

3.) Copy the .pdf file from the Documents/My Digital Editions folder on your PC to the Local/Internal Storage/Digital Editions folder on your Android device.

4.) Open ADE on your Android device and select Refresh from the menu.

Ta-da! With absolutely no thanks to Adobe .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but I can't even find the ADE folder on my phone. Contacted the helpdesk again and they send me here again. I'll try another reinstall and if that doesn't work i'm done with this app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything you said on here and it still didn't show up, even after refreshing. *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, i felt foolish not being able to sync. looks like no solution yet!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a year later, finally an update (to both PC and Andriod).....Still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, classic marketing lies.

Sync is not working between devices, you must deliver what you promised.

What is the point to have this software if I cannot sync my books via cloud? I paid hundreds of dollars SPE books and you software is the only tool I can use and it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm another one. Here because I have tried and failed to get this crappy software to function. Utterly useless. I'll be using none-Adobe software from now on. Clearly these [language removed - Mod] have no idea that they are doing, and couldn't care less about about addressing the issue, let alone sorting it. I will be recommending others steer clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send the downloaded books from the library  (basically the links)  to the Google drive. Go to the source they are at your mobile -download them and choose them to open with ADE: They are now in my library. It worked for me with 2 out of 2 books. Of course, first i auhorized the account on my mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me. I click on the downloade ascm file, ask to open with ADE, ADE opens but nothing happens when I hit refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, like everyone else have been unable to sync my purchased book from my PC to my tablet! VERY, VERY FRUSTRATING. Just now however, I clicked on the link in the confirmation email I received from the vendor, while in my tablet, and it downloaded the book [again] but this time to my tablet directly. In my case, the link was to be used in case my "original download was cancelled". Which it was not, but I tried it anyway. What a pain in the patootie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines