Highlighted

adobe digital editions how to delete old authorization if password forgotten and email address no longer accessible

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to a chat employee I should place this question on the flashplayer forum. So hopefully it indeed belongs here.

I did have an adobe digital editions ID on an old emailaddress. I have switched this ID to a new ID (with a functional email adress). However the new ADE that I downloaded was authomatically authorized through the old ID. How can I change it to the new ID? I don't have the old password, nor access to the email adress to reser a password.

Manuela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adobe digital editions how to delete old authorization if password forgotten and email address no longer accessible

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to a chat employee I should place this question on the flashplayer forum. So hopefully it indeed belongs here.

I did have an adobe digital editions ID on an old emailaddress. I have switched this ID to a new ID (with a functional email adress). However the new ADE that I downloaded was authomatically authorized through the old ID. How can I change it to the new ID? I don't have the old password, nor access to the email adress to reser a password.

Manuela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite the same as your problem. I had forgotten my Digital ID password and had to send something urgent. The latest version of Acrobat Pro would allow me to set up a new ID but defaulted to the same password as the old ID - you can't delete the old one without the password so you get stuck in a loop. I managed to get round this and set up a new ID by renaming the ID file which is located in C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security. The file extension is a .pfx file - rename this (I just added _old to the file name) and go back and set up new ID - This time it allowed the new ID and the ability to set up a new password which worked and I sent my document off. May be worth trying this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 0