• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions is terrible software

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been said that architects should be forced to live in the buildings they design; likewise, programmers should be forced to use the software they create.  I wonder if anyone at Adobe has actually tried using ADE to read something?  It's infuriating to use.  The fonts are ugly.  The response is slow.  But I'm forced to use this program because my university library now only provides this version as opposed to the simple PDF version I enjoyed before.  Is there any way to export to a PDF so I don't have to use your awful software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that there was another option. This software is so terrible that using a PDF version of the book is worse than the EPUB format. I would have thought they could get the PDF right. There's no support for touch-screen navigation. So I'm forced to use mouse or try to touch the tiny scroll bar to navigate. 

Not even the keyboard options work correctly. This is what happens when a single company has 100% control over the system. Without competition, they don't even bother to produce a usable product. It's so infuriating that I'd rather spend the hundreds of dollars to buy physical books than to use the free e-books. 

For all of their nickle and diming (and several hundred dollaring) their customers to death, I'm surprised they don't at least offer a half-usable version for a price. This is shameful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using in in 2022, its still bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Edition is horrible software.  Adobe should be ashamed of putting the company name on the product.  Agree with all your observations.  Page Advance is slow on an M1? The page advance keys are wrong.  The visual presentation is horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. Just bad software. It is making worst by so many libraries and universities are relying on ADE for download and viewing the documents.

Recent issues are 1. complete loss of bookshelve 2. crash on download 3. crash on book return and I am not going to document many issues with Viewing.

Adobe is complete DEAF to all these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Digital Editions is an embarrasing product. Adobe clearly has not attempted to improve the product since 2012, when i was first forced to use it. Is anyone aware of an alternative product? DL Reader was much better, but it now seems to be unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines