• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe digital editions no longer compatible with windows 10

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions worked with windows 10 a few days ago but now it won't even launch.  I ran the compatibility troubleshooter and it says it is not compatible.  Has anyone found a way to make it work?  I had downloaded 2 purchased books prior to ADE not working and although ADE works on an old computer I have running windows 7, I cannot download the files again as ADE says they have been fulfilled by another user even though I am sure the Adobe ID I used was the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Can you please navigate to "C:\Users\userprofile\Documents" and rename the folder  "My Digital Editions" to "My Digital Editions_old" and then launch Adobe Digital Editions and see if that helps.

If still facing the same issue, can you try to un-install ADE and reinstall from the link and see if that makes any difference- Adobe Digital Editions | Download

I would also like to mention that the error "Fulfilled by another user" occurs if the eBook is assigned/tied with another user (different Adobe Id). In this case you may first check the Adobe Id used to currently authorize ADE is correct or not. If it is correct then the activation reset for the eBook needs to be done by the eBook provider and then they should provide you a new link to download the eBook.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the My Digital Editions folder to old and ADE still will not launch.  I've un-installed & re-installed numerous times and ADE still will not launch. I've restored my computer to before the last Microsoft update & ADE still will not launch.

The ebook provider removed the books from my in store library and then put them back in & I still cannot download them.  How can I check what Adobe ID was used to originally download the book when ADE won't launch?

The Adobe ID should be the same with the exception of I had to do a password re-set.

I have tried every possible solution that I could find on the forums & nothing works.

My computer, running windows 10 says this program is not compatible.  This is not an issue that is only happening to me. Adobe needs to update their program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been using the Adobe digital editions 4.5.10 and suddenly it just stopped working last week.  I have done everything, uninstalled, installed, unauthorized, authorized, etc.  What has happened?  I have a Nook and need to be able to download and read my books.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me!!! Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your sugestion re renaming file work in the past, but as of 31/8/2020 this juggling of file and file name does not work.

Any ne has any furter sugestions?  Using Help via a chat is next to useless as most operator are unskilled with ADE ... indeed one even tried to tel me that ADE is not a supported product ... this would be funny if another product existed to enable reading of borrowed books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines