I have an older Koba Aura (the first gen one) and it worked fine up until the last Kobo and Adobe update. I normally download books from Overdrive/the public library and have no issues until my last updates.
The exact error message on my device says --Your eReader is not authorized to open this book. This book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to reimport the book using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)."
I've tried all the various options posted online and in this community including:
- authorizing and deauthorizing the device and my computer (macbook air)
- factory reseting my Kobo and deleting all books and data on it
- Redownloading the books, and removing all previous versions of the book
- Uninstalling and reinstalling ADE (both the current version and an older version).
- I've also tried differnt books via overdrive and have the same issue.
I'm am so upset and frustrated at this point. I am able to read the books on my computer using ADE. The issue seems to only be on my device. I've contacted Kobo, ADE, and Overdrive and they all keep telling me to contact the other company. Someone please help!!
I've tried that too... several times now and it's still not working.
I found that a few days later the fault was back - oh well...