Highlighted

Adobe Digital Editions - No Permission to Copy the Book

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been getting an error when using Overdrive with my local library to access ePub books, using Adobe Digital Editions to read them on my Kobo eReader. Up until recently, I have been able to view any of the eBooks on my eReader (transferred through ADE), but now receive the error CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED, with prompts that my eReader is not authorised to access the book. I have deauthorised and reauthorised the eReader multiple times to no avail. I have attempted to deauthorise ADE on my computer, but because I have signed up to ADE with my Overdrive account (signed into with just a library card), I am now prompted for a password when deauthorising (which does not exist).

Has anyone come across a fix for this issue? In addition, if I do manage to deauthorise ADE on my computer, will it be a problem when reauthorising ADE with Overdrive that I do not have a Username and password, and only have a library card?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Digital Editions - No Permission to Copy the Book

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been getting an error when using Overdrive with my local library to access ePub books, using Adobe Digital Editions to read them on my Kobo eReader. Up until recently, I have been able to view any of the eBooks on my eReader (transferred through ADE), but now receive the error CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED, with prompts that my eReader is not authorised to access the book. I have deauthorised and reauthorised the eReader multiple times to no avail. I have attempted to deauthorise ADE on my computer, but because I have signed up to ADE with my Overdrive account (signed into with just a library card), I am now prompted for a password when deauthorising (which does not exist).

Has anyone come across a fix for this issue? In addition, if I do manage to deauthorise ADE on my computer, will it be a problem when reauthorising ADE with Overdrive that I do not have a Username and password, and only have a library card?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 08, 2017 0

Have something to add?