Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions + Nook

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to upload Overdrive library books to my Nook device using ADE.  I authorized ADE on my computer so it lets me transfer the books to my Nook, but then when I try to open the book on the device it says "User Not Activated."  How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

UPDATE: problem solved using the following instructions

OverDrive | What to do if there is a "User Not ...

HOWEVER, if, like me, you have a Mac and the /.adobe-digital-editions does NOT appear, hit Command+Shift+Period, and your "hidden files" should appear.  The folder should show up and you can delete it.  I would recommend re-hitting Command+Shift+Period when you're done to re-hide the hidden files so you don't mess with anything too important on accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: problem solved using the following instructions

OverDrive | What to do if there is a "User Not ...

HOWEVER, if, like me, you have a Mac and the /.adobe-digital-editions does NOT appear, hit Command+Shift+Period, and your "hidden files" should appear.  The folder should show up and you can delete it.  I would recommend re-hitting Command+Shift+Period when you're done to re-hide the hidden files so you don't mess with anything too important on accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just got a new laptop and I'm having the same problem with ADE and my Nook.  I've already tried deleting Digital Editions and reconnecting the Nook.  Now I have two versions of the same eBook and both give me the error dialog: user not activated.  I don't know what to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines