• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions Not Authorizing

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have been using Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 and connecting it to my E-Reader which is a Kobo Aura H2O. I ran into a problem recently that had never happened before, yet the computer and device haven't changed. When I transfer books onto my Kobo, I am unable to open them since it says that the device is not authorized to read the books even though I have authorized the device, as well as my computer. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and authorized/deauthorized both the computer and the Kobo. I have factory reset my Kobo and also removed temporary files off of my computer. I even tried to download an older version of the software, however I can't open it on my computer. Please let me know what I can do so I'm able to download library books and read them on my Kobo again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but i can't be of any help but just wanted to say I have exactly the same problem with my Kobo mini. It's always worked well but last time I tried I could transfer the book using ADE but was unable to open it. I'm not sure how to deauthorise my Kobo and then reauthorise but it looks like the previous writer has done that without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me again. I've made it work.

I have a laptop which I've never used with the Kobo. I simply installed Digital Editions and borrowed the books from the library. They transferred just fine. I had to authorise the laptop with ADE but I didn't deactivate anything and didn't reset the Kobo. Hope that's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines