• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions not responding even deleted & re-dowloaded

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program was working great...able to connect and downloand to my Kobo Clara HD eReader...all of a suddent it stopped...so I deleted and re-downloaded...several times...now it won't even close off my screen unless I shift/contol/escape...nothing shows up in the library...all I have is a white screen with Adobe info on it and headers...can't get library or anything.

Please help!

Thanks

TOPICS
ACSM files , Activation , Download , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I had the same problem, uninstalled and reinstalled ADE 4.5 several times, to no avail. "Chatted" with a person from ADE, she said they weren't trained to help with the free programmes. I live in Alberta, Canada, in case it makes a difference but I got it solved for my library books by my local librian! I have a Kobo Aura 2nd Edition and when I updated my Kobo, under settings there is an Overdrive option. She said the libraries have worked with Kobo to set up this userfriendly option. By signing into that, I can borrow books from the library and they downloaded directly from there to my Kobo! Magic! No more ADE middleman!  I hopes this helps somebody, at least!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info...I've been doing that, but there are some books that are shown on Overdrive, but when I go to download, there's a message stating I can't do it...so I thought I could go around that by doing it directly from the library website...apparently, just because it's on the website doesn't mean that the library has a license for that particular book...so why show it on the website at all?  I don't get it...made myself crazy when it wasn't a problem other than the library misleading its readers...lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
When you’re signed in on Overdrive on the device, then go back to the Kobo menu and Kobo store.
You can pick a book, then click on the 3 little dots next to “buy now” and “wishlist”. If the library has that book it gives you the option to borrow with Overdrive.
You click on that and it’s done. If your library doesn’t have it, I guess it won’t give that option.
Another thing the librarian told me was if I go into my library website and borrow a book on my computer, all I have to do is sync my Kobo and they’ll transfer over.
Then at least you don’t have to guess when you’re borrowing
Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that when you’re in the Kobo Store, on the upper bar there is a tab to click on with the name of my library system.
Then maybe you’ll get books that are available...?
H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Heidi...I went directly to my library system website then digital library and then overdrive...one would think if the library's own system would show a book in overdrive that you could get it...wrong thought...I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi! So it worked? I hope so – I was getting beyond frustrated with ADE, so I know how you feel. Have uninstalled it now.
And I can download my books with no problems! It’s a win for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines