• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions on Window 10

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For many tears I have had ADE running successfully.  Last week this programme threw a tantrum and needed reloading, Now the App opens, searches for the library and does so ad Infinitum without actually opening/loading the library.

I run Window 10 and the EPub books are (and always have been) stored in a file calle "My Digital Editions".

can anyone suggest what I need to do?  Adone seem to be incommunicado so this forum is my last hope.

Frank Stratico

mfstratico@hotmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Digital Edition.

Rename My Digital Edition Folder under Your Dokuments to My Digitital Editon.alt

then start Digital Edition again.
Try to open a new ebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nanaki.  your solution was 99% correct and extremely helpful … all I had to do was rename the file temporarily the restart ADE the reinstate the data file … I would not have been able to do this without you very helpful comment

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem - since I upgraded to 4.5 I have not been able to see any of my books. I tried renaming the folder as above and then I could see the books but not open them. I do not fully understand the comment above "reinstate the data file", but I tried copying the books from the .alt folder to the new MDE folder, but they didn't appear. I deleted the new MDE folder, and tried again, but now I can't even see the books. I have tried repeating the process, but with the MDE folder renamed .new, but the result is the same. Your help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Books do not show in ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. Authorised books from a previous version just don’t appear in 4.5.8. How do I convince ADE that it has already authorised them? Do I have to hunt down every seller and get them to allow me to download books again???

Because that would be insane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines