• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions Stuck Loading Library

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the new version of ADE and everything went fine until it tried to launch. It got stuck on "Loading Library" for six hours before I gave up and uninstalled/reinstalled. I told it not to transfer my ebooks, thinking maybe that was the problem (too many). It is stuck again at the same place. I don't want to try installing the older version again, I updated because it won't work with my Kobo Glo. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_20220224_100636_845.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, ADE2.0 is riddled with bugs.

As a matter of interest, which older version did not work with the Kobo Glo?

If it wasn't v1.7.2, try v1.7.2.  That seems to have been the last reliable one (v1.8 was really just an alpha for V2.0).

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was 1.7.2 and I've re-installed it. That version is having trouble with my Kobo, though, so I'd really like to get 2.0 working. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the application is confused between the libraries. Could you try uninstalling both the versions of ADE and then re-install just 2.0 and check if that helps.

Please attach the error screenshot, in case of same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem when loading and deleting new e-books to and from library. The solution was deleting My Digital Editions from My Documents folder. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jurek kiler. I moved the folder to a different place instead of deleting the folder and ADE opened! Yea!   Thank you so much for the help. All the googling didn't help solve the 'stuck at loading library' situation. But your advice fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have moved all files of stored in C drice to other drive location. now ADE is working. superb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines