• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions - Unauthorize issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues with ADE opening ascm files for ebooks. Trying to unauthorize but keep being told unable to. Deleted program and reinstalled however computer stayed authorized. Looked for activation.dat file as noted in another string but can't find that file. Running mac osx10.11. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same issue (ADE picks up some email id that's not registered with Adobe). There's no such path as /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. I assume you've not actually verified that path, did you?

In the user's home directory, there's a Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. If that's what you mean, the correct path is ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. It can be reached simply by pressing CMD + SHIFT + G, putting in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions in the pop-up box, and pressing enter.

Deleting the activation.dat from the abovementioned folder allowed me to enter an id that I wanted, not the stupid ADE designers wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I can't follow the file path given either. I tried the one you provide but I get as far as Library/Application Support/Adobe/ but there is no digital editions folder just a mess of others and I have the ade 4.5 installed in applications folder in Macosx 10.11.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ça fonctionne très bien ta suggestion pour éliminer le fichier "activation.dat" de la bibliothèque. Un grand merci !

It works very well your suggestion to eliminate the file "activation.dat" of the library. A big thank-you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get through this file path? There is no ade folder just stops at adobe and there are many other folders but nothing i can tell for adobe digital editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an Adobe expert but I'm curious as to why this didn't work for you. Can you list down the steps you're following? As in, exactly what you do. So don't say "I get as far as Library/Application Support/Adobe/" but say I typed 'cd ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe" from a console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i follow /Library/Application Support/Adobe then there is no Digital editions folder just a whole list of folders i.e. aam updater, aamupdaterinventory,acrobat... and so on. I think when I tried to authorize for the first time I clicked proceed with no authorization then I went back and authorized but now I am stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my post again. The path is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I followed your path but I receive a message that it does not exist. I don't have a sub folder for adobe editions in the adobe folder. The file path i previously posted is as far as i can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the following steps: Access hidden Mac OS library files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation as yours-- just cannot locate the Digital Editions folder as they said. There is no such folder inside the /Library/Application Support/Adobe path at all. I could not erase authorisation in the ADE either. So desperate in fixing ADE!

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 12.19.38 AM.pngHelp!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You check the wrong folder. You are not in the User Library. You used this steps? Access hidden Mac OS library files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this same issue but my the files started as ebooks then once I moved them they became corrupt and changed to ascm. I was unable to view the files or add them to the library. I deleted the installment file and it seems to have fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines