• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions v2.0 Error Check Activation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions v2.0.  I have my computer authorized.  Whenever I try to download a book from the local library, it states   "Error! Check Activation."  I contacted customer support, they suggested that I remove the program and then reinstall, which I did....Same error.  I can not seem to find anything on the website relating to this issue.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same issue - and then I did ctrl+shift+d and deauthorised and then reauthorised. perhaps Adobe should but this info on their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much!!!!!this worked perfectly ( CTRL+SHIFT+D)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're more than welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, trying to de-authorize and getting this message "Unable to erase authorization,  Please try after some time"  any advice. thanks susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having this exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The charm is not working for me. Can't de-authorize. Hate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it! You have to modify the registry of your computer. Actually I found it when searching for "adobe editions activate Unable to erase authorization". It was on an Adobe help page. It worked for me. Took me only three months to find it. I copied the link below but I am not sure if this works in the forum. Hence the search string. Good luck.

Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem : can't open my book "Error! Check activation" but I can't deauthorize "Unable to erase authorization,  Please try after some time". I've followed every step on this link (Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions) but I still cannot deauthorize.

It's making me crazy because I need this book to work !! Please help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Were you able to delete the registry entry as mentioned on link provided. ?

You are using Windows or Mac ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was able to delete the "key" in the registry but it didn't de authorize my computer...

I'm using windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit and Launch ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work. I have even tried to delete ADE and re download it but my computer is still authorized and I'm unable to deauthorize it...

I really need to make this work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, follow the below steps as listed.

1. Quit ADE.

2. Choose Start > Search for regedit

3. Right click on regedit, ans select "Run as admininstrator"

Untitled.png

4.In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

5. Select Adept key, right click on it and select "Delete"

6. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

7. Close the Registry Editor.

8. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Hope this works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope . That's what I tried and tried several times but it doesn't deauthorize my computer . I don't understand why I'm unable to deauthorize my computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple user accounts on Windows.

Is it the case, that you installed ADE from some account and trying to delete the entry for other windows user account ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No only one windows account, one computer, one adobe ID...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it work !!

Here is what I've done (in case anyone ever needs it) : I've deleted every Adobe softwear I had (flash player, reader, ADE), then I went in the registry and deleted the Adobe file. Shut my computer and reboot it. And then redownload ADE. And I was finally deauthorized (!!) and could reauhorize my computer !

Thanks for your time and for trying to help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, will that work for Windows 8.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process worked for me. I have Windows 8. Just to add to your awesome advice, to reauthorise either go Ctrl + Shift + U or to the Help dropdown and Authorize computer. Now if ADE would just stop crashing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked pretty well for me, many thanks.

And your explanations were so clear, that was really easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Installed ADE 4.5 with O/S Windows 10. I purchased eBook from Kobo store and trying to download them to my eReader. When ADE opens, I get a window telling me that there is an update available which I click on. However this is followed by an error message telling me to "check activation". I checked activation and it is telling me that my computer is authorized and I did receive an eMail with instructions on how to proceed. I have tried different version without success. After un-installing them and re-installing the latest version,  and restarting the computer, I still got the same results.  Anyone else has a similar problem. Looking for some help with my thanks.

This was my question to the communities yesterday. After spending many hours trying to solve this problem, I contacted Adobe support this morning to find a solution. I got absolutely no help on the chat line so I came back to this forum and found your suggestion. With your clear instruction, I followed the steps and lo' and behold, it solve my problem.

Just taking the time to thank you and hope this will help other people with the same issue. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit 2012 arbeitete ADE 2.0 fehlerfrei. Danke. Am 4. Februar habe ich ADE 4.5 installiert. Anschließend erhielt ich beim ersten Download den Hinweis: Error! Check Activation.  Wie im Forum empfohlen, wollte ich die Autorisierung löschen. Die Antwort: Autorisierung kann nicht gelöscht werden. Versuchen Sie es später..

Habe ich mehrfach bis heute versucht - immer dieselbe Antwort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines