Highlighted

adobe digital editions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions has not been able to load to my PC since my Windows 10 updates on 18 Feb 20.  I have a HP laptop that I bought with Windows 7 (worked fine); took the free upgrade to Windows 10 when Microsoft put it out (everything got real slow).  I've been using Adobe Digital Editions always with no trouble.  I don't have WiFi at home, I mostly read and watch DVDs on the PC.  The library has free WiFi, I use it for library Ebook loans, Project Gutenberg downloads, and updates.  On 18 Feb 20 I got some Gutenberg downloads, some library E loans, and updates.  When I got home the machine said it neede a restart to finish installing updates.  I restarted it, and Digital Editions has not come up since.  The short cut is there but it does not load. 

Since then I have re-downloaded from Adobe homepage, I've "reset" Windows; I have "fresh start" Windows; and the ADE still will not come up.  There is a miniature splash page but it just stops.  I use Task Manager to "end task" to get it off the screen.

There are other ebook readers but it seems I would have to load each book one at a time.  And the library wants Adobe Digital Editions to load their stuff.

I'm stuck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adobe digital editions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions has not been able to load to my PC since my Windows 10 updates on 18 Feb 20.  I have a HP laptop that I bought with Windows 7 (worked fine); took the free upgrade to Windows 10 when Microsoft put it out (everything got real slow).  I've been using Adobe Digital Editions always with no trouble.  I don't have WiFi at home, I mostly read and watch DVDs on the PC.  The library has free WiFi, I use it for library Ebook loans, Project Gutenberg downloads, and updates.  On 18 Feb 20 I got some Gutenberg downloads, some library E loans, and updates.  When I got home the machine said it neede a restart to finish installing updates.  I restarted it, and Digital Editions has not come up since.  The short cut is there but it does not load. 

Since then I have re-downloaded from Adobe homepage, I've "reset" Windows; I have "fresh start" Windows; and the ADE still will not come up.  There is a miniature splash page but it just stops.  I use Task Manager to "end task" to get it off the screen.

There are other ebook readers but it seems I would have to load each book one at a time.  And the library wants Adobe Digital Editions to load their stuff.

I'm stuck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?