Adobe Digital is Very Slow- takes 30 seconds to highlight or move to next page

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Adobe Digital Editions on my Mac for about two weeks to read a school textbook I downloaded. I have to restart the program every 10-15 minutes because it eventually gets very slow. Every time I try to highlight a text, make a note or even scroll the page it takes 30 seconds and I get a wait signal. Once I restart it, it begins to function normally again. Any idea why it is being so slow? All of my other applications on my computer work fine and have no issues. Since I have started writing this post ADE is still trying to simply bookmark a page.

David

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I have sent you a private message. Please check and I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ajit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can you help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, may I get your help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have such issue also, Macbook Air 2018, all SW updated..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajit_M, if you do not have a solution, there is no need for you to post anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can you please help? I am on the new 2019IMac and dont know why this is happenning 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem please advice on how to make the program start workgin fast.

Thank you/ anna

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, im having this issue also- i really need some help ASAP 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you share the solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too!!! please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have been researching a solution to this issue for the past two months. As a MAC user I have had to restart the application multiple times in order for the paging or text highlighting to work reasonably fast but after 15-20 mins it starts to slow down (wait time increases) and I have to restart the application. Can you please share what was sent with everyone so we all know what steps to take? Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. MacBook Air 2014, latest operating system, using ADE. Reading PDF books with Digital Rights. Be great to get a resolution on this. Program and book becomes unusable very quick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital is so slow opening ebook files.  Can someone tell me how to speed it up?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines