Highlighted

Adobe Digital Rights Management authorization error

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the same error message on my Kobo Aura when I try to open a book that I have borrowed and downloaded from my public Library.  The error message is as follows:

Oops! This document couldn't be opened. This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again.

Here are the steps that I have taken:

1. De-authorized my deivce and computer.

2. Deleted the software (Adobe Digital Editions) from my computer and re-installed.

3. Re-authorized my computer and device.

4. Factory reset on my Kobo Aura.

5. Contacted my support tech group from my Public Library and followed the steps given.

6. Contacted Kobo support tech group and followed the steps given.

This is my last option.  Any ideas what else I should be trying.

HELP!

Thanks. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Digital Rights Management authorization error

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the same error message on my Kobo Aura when I try to open a book that I have borrowed and downloaded from my public Library.  The error message is as follows:

Oops! This document couldn't be opened. This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again.

Here are the steps that I have taken:

1. De-authorized my deivce and computer.

2. Deleted the software (Adobe Digital Editions) from my computer and re-installed.

3. Re-authorized my computer and device.

4. Factory reset on my Kobo Aura.

5. Contacted my support tech group from my Public Library and followed the steps given.

6. Contacted Kobo support tech group and followed the steps given.

This is my last option.  Any ideas what else I should be trying.

HELP!

Thanks. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from Spain

I have the same Bug. I think Adobe have a problem.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download a book from my public library, Adobe Digital Editions is not recognized for the download.  I authorized Adobe to my computer.  I also de-authorized and authorized my computer and my Kobo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be common problem. I use different devices to read books from the library. But my latest android tablet does not accept the ADE with a new mail adress but the other ones still work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. They sent me these instructions (don't follow them as they did not work!):

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

I have followed the instructions given and it has messed it up even more! I authorized my computer as the instructions said and here is now what happens:

When trying to add books onto the e-reader it says it can’t be copied because there’s no permission to copy the book. When trying to open books on my e-reader on the computer in adobe it says the computer needs to be authorized. When putting in my username and password it says my password is incorrect.

Any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0