Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DRM issues with .acsm files

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm unable to access .acsm files on my Kobo reader. These are files that I borrow from a public library. I'm able to download them into Adobe Digital Editions, but then I get an error message at the time of opening them on the Kobo reader.

The error message asks to renew access to the book and to re-authorise my reader, which I have tried several times. The message says access to my reader has been blocked, but it's not the case. But reader and computer are on the same Adobe account.

Any ideas what else can be done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the eBooks on your Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, non problems. It’s only when I try to open them on the reader that I get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello alexandral30504690​ and Nanaky,

I have the same problem.

The problem has begun after I unsafe disconnect my Kobo reader (just disconnect cable instead of clicking eject on the volume).

The problem occurs only on the books I already have on adobe Digital Edition or on my Kobo reader. Even if I try the redownload the books or reset my Kobo reader.

But if I download new books I can read it normally on my reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Isabelle,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Hopefully I will also be able to download other books with that extension. I'll try soon! For now, I bought the one I wanted to finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello alexandra30504690,

I hope it will work for you too!

But I hope that the support team of Adobe Digital Edition will find a solution for the books that we cannot read anymore.

Any idea Nanaky??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^^ no support team i try only to help. Which error mesage you get exactly with the old eBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nanaky,

Thanks for your help.

The error message is (in French) : " Votre liseuse n'est pas autorisée à ouvrir ce livre. Ce livre est protégé par Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). Ayant bloqué l'accès à votre liseuse, vous devez renouveler l'accès au livre et l'importer à nouveau en utilisant Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)."

I think it's related to a corruption of the ID file on the Adobe server. Unfortunately, it is impossible to reset our account on the server. And since there is no technical support for ADE, noboby at Adobe can do it for us.

alexandra30504690, you can look at another tread on this subject here : Impossible lire livre emprunté (if you can read French).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I borrowed a book in the public library. I can open and read .acsm file in Digital Edition but not on Kobo reader. I get the same message.

I am here to know how this issue can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isabelleh87784611  schrieb

Hello Nanaky,

Thanks for your help.

The error message is (in French) : " Votre liseuse n'est pas autorisée à ouvrir ce livre. Ce livre est protégé par Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). Ayant bloqué l'accès à votre liseuse, vous devez renouveler l'accès au livre et l'importer à nouveau en utilisant Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)."

I think it's related to a corruption of the ID file on the Adobe server. Unfortunately, it is impossible to reset our account on the server. And since there is no technical support for ADE, noboby at Adobe can do it for us.

alexandra30504690, you can look at another tread on this subject here : Impossible lire livre emprunté  (if you can read French).

Seems the eBook reader are not right authorize. To reset the reader has you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I erased all books on the reader and on ADE.

I resetted the reader.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ADE.

And I soon as ADE has connected to the server, the three unreadable books have reappeared on ADE library.

It's like these books cannot be read on my reader anymore. Too bad for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines