• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID Authorization Not Working When Using Two Factor Authentication

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched to Two Factor Authentication for my Adobe ID for security reasons. Adobe Digital Edition is not working any more after the switch. I cannot import new DRM books as I always get "Error. Check Activation!". Trying to solve the error is not possible as I cannot deauthorize nor reauthorize (after deleting the regedit key manually). It will always result in an error when typing in my Adobe ID password.

System: Windows 10

ADE Version: 4.5.10

This is a major issue for anyone who is concerned about password and account security.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Found out how to fix the issue:

1. Delete the Adept key from the registry with RegEdit.
  2. Reauthorize with your user account and password plus add ":<twofactortoken>" to your password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out how to fix the issue:

1. Delete the Adept key from the registry with RegEdit.
  2. Reauthorize with your user account and password plus add ":<twofactortoken>" to your password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow it is incredible this isn't covered anywhere else. This worked for me on a mac as well, though rather than the registry stuff I had to delete the activation.dat file from /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally discovered how to eliminate two-factor authentication for my Creative Cloud apps.

I've used other programs with two-factor authentication, but my experience with Adobe's version of it has been extremely poor.

I'm sure Adobe, like every other major software/services provider experiences a running battle with software thieves that want to get high-quality software without paying the creator for the privilege of using it. However, my experience with two-factor almost everywhere spotty. Sometimes it works as it's supposed to and other times it doesn't.

Poorly-implemented two-factor authentication is enough for me to either not purchase the protected products/services at all or to terminate my license of the protected products/services.

Frankly, if I had not had a twenty-plus year history of using quality Adobe products, I would probably have gone ahead and terminated my subscription. I don't think I've used Photoshop on a million photos yet, but I'm moving closer to it on a regular basis.

One more point - I always use long, randomly-generated password for Adobe and other products I pay for. Like a great many others, I use LastPass to securely store all my ID's and passwords and secure LastPass with a very long random password. With most products, logging into program goes very quickly with LastPass, after it opens, automatically inserting ID/PW into the proper locations. Every since two-factor showed up with Adobe, the integration with LastPass has blown up for me.

Just some thoughts. Incidentally, during 40+ years of using computers, I've never had anyone successfully hack into a password-protected account online or offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines