Adobe ID not working

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-posted as case shut down in 2 min when I walked away from my lappy; sooooo frustating when waited so long for somebody to reply 

I use Sony e-reader for my e-books.  Suddenly, last week I'm unable to download.  I'll sometimes be able to download book but it won't transfer into my Sony e-reader.

Apparently in Adobe Digital Editions, whenever I type in my Adobe ID & password, it replies every time "activation server error."  I'd just reset my password again & still same message regarding error.  Why am I having such difficulty ?!?!?!

[mod: moved Adobe Digital Editions forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky !  I'd tried all your steps above, but whenever I log into Adobe Digital Editions to authorize my Sony e-reader with my Adobe ID & password, it replies back "Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server" every time 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try it with Sony for PC/Mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky !  Yes, I'd been trying with my Sony & Kobo Glo via my PC since last week; still unsuccessful after hours & days of trying.  The ADE doesn't recognize my Adobe ID/password, despite multiple password changes too. I'd didn't have any problems till last week; nothing changed on my end nor any changes made too.  Is it possible that anybody can try to see via TeamViewer from your Help Support team ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines