• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID title not the same as Adobe ID on e-reader ?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  now and then I buy English books online at Bol.com  So far so good, I can download them and copy them to my Calibre library.  However when I copy them to my Tolino e-reader they do not open.  I get the error : the Adobe ID is not the same as the Adobe ID on your Tolino e-reader (E_ADEPT_CORE_USER_NOT_ACTIVATED)

What do I do wrong ??  I can read the books on my laptop through Adobe Digital Editions but would love to read them on my e-reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Digital Editions would have asked you to authorise an AdobeID during installation. This is crucial to do for eBooks delivered in the ACSM format to ensure the eBook can be shared by multiple devices.

If you did this correctly,  you would simply need to plug in the compatible eReader. In Digital Editions, you will see the device appear on the left hand pane (in library view). I believe it's just a right-click and then "authorise device" or something like that. This then sets the AdobeID authorisation on the device, so it can then open all the eBooks with the same authorisation.

If you didn't do this correctly - downloading the eBooks without or before authorising an AdobeID, the eBooks have been locked and will not work on the eReader. The only fix is to get the store (Bol.com) to 'reset the authorisation' on affected eBooks. This will require you to download the eBooks again - PLEASE authorised your AdobeID in Digital Editions first! Then they will work when you transfer them to the reader you authorised with the same AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines