Using archive.org's Open Library has been getting harder and harder. Recently, the URL.link.ascm file it gives me hasn't gotten the current book, just repeated iterations of books already downloaded. Sometimes it would clear up after I'd tried a dozen times. Finally, it got where it would give me the same book, regardless. (I looked at the text of the .ascm, and it definitely was trying to point to the new book—I was not inadvertently reusing an old .ascm.) After deleting numerous copies of the same couple of books from my ADE (which seems to have really confused it, as I did not go through some particular ritual to do it), I gave up and started trying other things.
I ended up uninstalling ADE and reinstalling a newer copy (4.5). I deauthorized and reauthorized it after it kept giving me an error message I can't find now. My Google search record shows I was looking for "ERROR_GETTING_LICENSE" yesterday. After reauthorizing, it began giving me E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.
Each time, I would search the Adobe Community for answers. (I also tried to get into Adobe Chat, but that only applies to a program i've paid money for, and not to a program I downloaded reluctantly for free because Open Library would not permit any other way to download checked-out books.) I have not found solutions, but similar requests for help from people with the same problems, marked UNSOLVED.
Error “E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" usually occurs if the eBook is assigned/tied to another user (different Adobe Id).
In this case you may first check the Adobe Id used to currently authorize Adobe digital Editions is correct or not. Make sure you have authorized ADE with the same Adobe Id/Vendor Id to which your eBook has been authorized/tied with.
If everything is correct with the Adobe Id/Vendor Id, then I would suggest you to contact your eBook provider and ask them to reset the activation for the eBook and provide you a new acsm link to download the eBook and that should solve the problem.