Associate ADE to .epub files

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 for Windows 7. I would like all .epub files to be opened with ADE. I've gone through the Default program routine for associating a file type to a program. When I select ADE 3.0 in the change program routine, it dose not appear in the "open with" window. (ADE 3 is the default program for .acsm extensions however.)  How can I get Windows to accept ADE 3 for .epub files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on an eBook.

Choose open with.

Then click on Browse.

Look for Adobe Digital Edition in the system and choose the Exe.

Activate option the was used for alle files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried your suggestion. Got to step 4 but ADE does not then appear in the window to choose it.  Any other suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.O you found not the point browse?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found "browse" and found Adobe Digital Editions and the .exe file, but when I choose the .exe file ( double click) nothing happens in the "choose" window so I can't select it to change it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nanaky LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the normal process for standard programms. If this not help better you try to reinstall digital Edition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines