Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization Issues in Mac

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I was using ADE 4.0 and when I tried to download the eBOOK, I got an error as under:

Unable to Download

Error getting licence. Licence server Communcation Problem E_ACT_NOT_READY

I Googled the error and a link suggested to de-authorize the ADE and re-authorize it in your Mac.

I did the same and while re-authorizing, it came up with an error as under:

Getting an error Activation Service Error - Code E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY

I am having issues authorizing my account in ADE.

I removed ADE 4.0 from my mac and downloaded the latest version i.e. 4.5.7 and when I try to authorize, I am getting the same error. Can you please let me know what needs to be done to resolve the same.

Also, I have a question that why ADE 4 is getting the Licence Server Communication Problem at the first place.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,

We have already tried the same and mentioned it in the ticket above.

This has not worked and we are still getting the error as under:

Getting an error Activation Service Error - Code E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have remove the file activation.dat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you open adobe digital Editin you get enter the data new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am asked to enter the credentials again like Adobe ID and PW and then I am taken to the error page as explained above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the folder the file is display again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the same thing happened to me after not using Adobe Digitals Editions 4.5 for a while. Try the following steps for your Mac.

Error code "e_act_not_ready":

• Close Adobe Digital Editions 4.5
  • Click on Finder
  • Hold down the "Option" key and click "Go" in your Mac toolbar (top of the screen)
  • Select "Library"
  • Click on "Application Support", then "Adobe" and "Digital Editions"
  • Erase the "activation.dat" file
  • Empty your trash bin

Error code "e_auth_bad_device_key":

• Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions 4.5
  • Reinstall Adobe Digital Editions 4.5
  • Restart your computer
  • Open Adobe Digital Editions 4.5
  • Click "Help" in your Mac toolbar (top of the screen) and select "Authorize computer"
  • Enter your Adobe ID information
  • A dialog box from Keychain Access will pop up: select "Always authorize"
  • Enter your Keychain Access password (it should be the same password you use to log into your computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What should I do if there is no Digital Editions folder in the Application Support folder and thus no Activation.dat file to delete?

I'm working on a mac with 10.14.5 OS and Digital Editions 4.5. I've searched my whole computer and I don't have the .dat file to delete, but it still won't let me deauthorize. This is beyond frustrating.

Please, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot say it is this - but i will leave this here - take it with a grain of salt.

http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/AuthenticationServiceInfo uses a certificate that expired 1/31/2018 to generate the client portion (Device Certificate) of the ebook activation.  Once activated this “created” cert would have no issue.  The issue would only (potentially) manifest if someone tried to activate an ebook they never owned / authorized prior to today. 

That is a belief of mine though I warned them on this 5 months ago and they said it was unlikely to happen.. So you can write me off as a crackpot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines