• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization issues when downloading from a library

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.9.18.., I believe it is the latest version I download just about 3 weeks ago. I have downloaded books from our local library to my laptop. The computer is authorized as is our KOBO Aura One reader. When I look at 'My Books' I see the books but the cover is black and when I try to open the book it states I am not authorized, DRM etc. I have gone back to the start a few times, deleted the books in question and cancelled the authorization on my laptop and reader, restarted  from the initial download from the library and still no luck. I am not sure what else I can do. Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same similar problem in trying to transfer books to my Nook.  They download to the computer but then won't transfer to the Nook - the cover title appears in the Nook Library but I receive an error message of User Not Activated when I try to open the book.  The problem is with Digital Editions but there is no customer support for this service.  It has basically become a useless product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem, with ADE 4.5.11. I can open the book on my computer (a MAC, with Catalina OS), but it is impossible to open on my Kobo Aura. I have tried everything, even downloading a previous version (3.0), but it doesn't run under Catalina. HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines