Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization required: I can't read borrowed epubs

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I borrowed an ePub from the library catalog a few days ago. Now I can no longer read it because Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 asks me for authorization. (I can only read the purchased books).

Initially, I authorized the pc without an ID. I have no other devices, only the pc and I have the latest version of ADE. I authorized the PC without ID. I use Windows 10.

I have already read without any problems two borrowed books. Then suddenly ADE no longer allowed me to finish reading the third one. While reading this last book I had already borrowed a fourth one. Maybe ADE goes crazy if I load two borrowed books at the same time?

I have already tried to:
1- Uninstall and reinstall ADE more times;
2- Erase the authorization and authorize the computer again;
3- Create an Adobe ID and use that to authorize. Result:  E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER, so I deled the account;

4- Clear the cache.
Can you help me, please?
Monika

PS: I don't know why they reported me as spam. I'm not spam. I need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to modify the date. No result.
I noticed that when I uninstall and reinstall ADE, the date of the last installation does not update. It remains 12/17/2019. Is it normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that if you initially authorize the PC without an ID then you must never re-install ADE. I found out later, when I had already uninstalled and installed again. Could this be the problem? If yes, how can I solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to restore the system before I uninstalled ADE. Nothing has changed.

I will continue to update my attempts here.

I find it quite shameful that no one of the team tries to help. I am ready to change my mind in case someone shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do everything you've done, but before each step (including #1) try this first:

delete folder .../documents/My digital Editions.

Don't just rename it or move it somewhere...ADE  will find it. Put in trash.

Restart ADE and a new "My Digital Editions" folder is created, often fixing various items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I've tried authorizing and deauthorizing my computer and my Kobo Touch. I've tried deleting the Digital Editions folder. I've tried changing the date and time to match. Nothing works, except I can read my purchased books. Yay. I wish I could read borrowed library books on my Kobo, but that does not appear to be an option any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines