Highlighted

Authorize Computer window is not opening

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.5, the next step is to authorize my computer.

But when I go to the "Help>Authorize Computer" menu and click on it, nothing happens, any windows of authorization opens.

Does anybody know how to solve it?

If you roll your clock back to earlier this morning or a previous date, then Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7.181275 works properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Authorize Computer window is not opening

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.5, the next step is to authorize my computer.

But when I go to the "Help>Authorize Computer" menu and click on it, nothing happens, any windows of authorization opens.

Does anybody know how to solve it?

If you roll your clock back to earlier this morning or a previous date, then Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7.181275 works properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with ADE. Worked fine this morning. Later when trying to open my e-book i only get an error message saying "Unable to open Title-of-book" "Errors were encountered in this item file:///searchway-to-file".

Been reinstalling and deleting keys from regedit to no avail. Now I can't even authorize within the program on Windows 10 - same problem on my iPad, can't authorize or open anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same and I have the same problem. I do not have an idea how to solve the problem.

Authorization does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god it worked!

Adobe must think Doctor Strange is one of their customers to make us manipulate the time like that, but ok.

Thank You mate!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution allows the authorisation window to open BUT you then have to change the date back to the current or else you get a message about the request to authorise being expired.  For me this problem started when today I got messages 'Unable to open...' -- I tried all the other routes (uninstalling/regedit/reinstalling, etc) without success.  This problem remains even after successfully re-authorising unless I change the date back to before today when I can open books without an error, so it seems to be a more general error than just accessing the authorisation window.  But thanks Wh0isTh3D0ct0r.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, this seem to be a problem from the last Update 4.57 of Adobe. Because my ADE worked  last Saturday and not 2 days later.

Please Adobe check thus out.

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy Smartphone gesendet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but now  I cant open ADE at all?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7.179634 does not have the issue, so this is something specific to the latest update to Adobe Digital Editions (version 4.5.7.181275), specifically as it relates to the date/time on the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P L E A S E !!!!!!

Make this info easier to find!!!!

It worked properly, but after getting very annoyed.

Add it to de FAQ or something ASAP!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better yet, how about a new version of the ADE installer that a.) doesn't have this issue, b.) doesn't cause an installation error on a Mac that says it's not from a trusted developer, and c.) still addresses the issue from version 4.5.7.179634 where it did not display e-book content properly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, now tried to set back my clock to an earlier date. I now manage to get into the Authorization screen, BUT.... now it refuses the authentication due to message: ADEPT REQUEST EXPIRED.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install an older version of Adobe Digital Editions until Adobe releases a new version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am certainly going to try that. Adobe makes older versions hard to find. Haven't been able to find one yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the ADE 4.5.7 installer download page, scroll to the bottom of the page, select the link in the line that says "Download Digital Edition 3.0 here," and then scroll down the page until you get to the installer download section (that page will look like just a list of HTML links).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed v4.0.3. Problem solved!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
dbarrott LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.5.2 works OK with Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2018 0