• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorized eReader not opening library books

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the message that I am not authorized to open the ebooks I get from the library. I only have this issue with library books. I have tried reauthorizing my account with ADE but that hasn't worked. I am using version 4.5.1.139278 on my desktop. U have also tried reauthorizing my eReader. Both say they are using the same account. When I open the ebook it says "This book is protected by DRM. Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions." I tried erasing authorization and setting git up again but it still won't work. Tried different books and libraries but still have a problem. I spoke to Kobo and the library and they said kobo it as ADE problem. I have tried the manual deauthorizing through deleting the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept .

Please help I can't use library books because of this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, except I have another version of ADE.  I tried with the 3.0 to no avail.  I tried the latest version 4.5.  Same issue.  I am authorised in computer, but not on Kobo eReader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem! But when I tried to take the book out with overdrive it said the book wasn't available in my region (I live in Canada)? So maybe check to see if the file is available in your country because it worked just fine with another book. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines