Highlighted

Authorizing and deauthorizing new Kobo?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a new Kobo and cannot authorize it because an older email and account exist. I cannot deauthorize the old one despite numerous attempts over several days. I contacted the help line, they changed my old id email address to the new one and new password etc. but I still cannot deauthorize the old account. I was assured that my new ID works and it does to access my new account but I still cannot authorize my new Kobo. They suggested I post my question on this forum. I hope someone has the answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Authorizing and deauthorizing new Kobo?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a new Kobo and cannot authorize it because an older email and account exist. I cannot deauthorize the old one despite numerous attempts over several days. I contacted the help line, they changed my old id email address to the new one and new password etc. but I still cannot deauthorize the old account. I was assured that my new ID works and it does to access my new account but I still cannot authorize my new Kobo. They suggested I post my question on this forum. I hope someone has the answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Adobe support, not Kobo support. How is this question about Adobe products?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Adobe because I am using the Adobe Digital Editions in order to get library books. The adobe program will not let me deauthorize a former account  which I need to do before I can authorize my new devise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2018 0
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks! You didn't mention ADE in your first post and posted to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader forum. I moved this to the ADE forum. (I get my library books in the Kindle version and read them in the free app on my iPad.)

Discussion successfully moved from Acrobat Reader for Android phones and tablets to Adobe Digital Editions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2018 0
jane-e LATEST
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page from Kobo tells you how to re-authorize your Kobo:

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/article/5889/troubleshooting-adobe-digital-editions

Also, I found this help page from Kobo on using ADE on your Kobo:

Using Adobe Digital Editions - kobo.com/help

and this:

Adding books to your Kobo eReader - kobo.com/help

I think the first link is the one that will help you with your current question. Let me know if it works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2018 0