Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Books in Overdrive do not appear in Adobe Digital Additions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note the following points:-

1. The problem is with Adobe Digital Editions.

2. Adobe did confirm when I asked, that my copy is authorised satisfactorily.

3. I have updated to the latest versions of Overdrive and Adobe Digital Editions on Ipad and PC running Windows 10.

5. Overdrive works perfectly and enables me to download library books and read them.

6. The same books  do not appear in Adobe Digital Editions or as files in the 'My Digital Editions' folder.

7. Adobe Digital Editions recognises my Kobo, but I am unable to transfer the books because they do not appear in Adobe Digital Editions.

Please could you supply me with some helpful advice. I cannot understand why the books that I borrowed do not appear in both. I tried downloading a further book to see if it appeared. It shows in Overdrive but does not appear in Adobe Digital Editions.

Many thanks for your help

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eBook was not appear autoamtic. You must download the file of your Library app and then open in the Programm which are you used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, many thanks for your help, but I don't understand. I used the Overdrive program to download the book file from the library, but it does not appear in the 'My Digital Editions' folder which is usually used for these files or in Adobe Digital Editions to allow me to transfer it to my Kobo ereader. The books only appear and are available to read in the Overdrive program used to download from the library, but I understood that I had to locate the file in the Adobe Digital Editions program and then transfer it to the Kobo using click and drag? The files do not appear there to enable this procedure.

Many thanks for your help, but I need a bit more explanation, based on what I have said.

All the best.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could not appear autoamtic. You must check to which place Overdrive your eBook save and then open this file with Digital Edition. Digital Edition is no program which automatic display all eBooks files on your device. Have you check the Help of Overdrive to found the plase how the eBook was download or have you a setting in the app for the location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have checked the whole computer and the Digital Editions file where previous downloaded books were stored but the latest downloaded books are not present. I will check the Overdrive program settings as you suggest.

I updated to the latest versions of Overdrive and Adobe Digital Editions previously.

Thank you very much for all your time, help and effort.

Regards

David

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Is there anyone working on the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines