• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Stock Licensed Assets be Used as a Cover Page of an eBook for Sale?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a 1000 word short story that features a single Adobe Stock image I paid to license. Can I convert my short story into an eBook for sale on Apple and Amazon without having to pay royalties for the photo/image originally used in my original short story? The photo is used as the Title Page of the story.

Under the Standard License terms here:

License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

Up to 500,000 copies or views of the asset

Unlimited web views

Use the asset in email marketing, mobile advertising, social media, or a broadcast program

Cannot use asset prominently in merchandise or products for resale

***Is a Title/Cover page of an eBook considered "prominent use" - what constitutes prominent use? The eBook is ready to publish today, but I would like to confirm licensing before proceeding.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received an official email from Adobe saying I am approved to resell my eBook under the "Standard License" terms -- using the asset as my cover/title page since my short story is not written directly about the asset. The asset is only used to compliment my original work (5% of the message), it is not the subject of my original work (95%) of my message. Ie: I could easily swap out the asset for any other asset/image to achieve the same or similar result.

On 2019Feb15, at 8:29 AM, Adobe Customer Care <adobecustomercare@adobe.com> wrote:

Hi,

As per the conversation we would like to inform you that you may use the standard license in the eBook for Resale purposes if the content is not directly related to the License.

For further query kindly contact us back.

Regards,

Adobe Customer Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines