Can I add a second account to Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two adobe reader accounts. One for my family one for personnel use. The computer has my personnel account on it. I want to add the family account to add books to my wifes nook. Can not seem to find out how to do that

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013
Hi manobird,If you used one ID to install ADE, you cannot download an ebook from a site into ADE if you used a different ID.  That's the way the DigitalMillenium Copyright Act of 2000 was implemented to prevent unauthorized copying of ematerials.  ADE tells you that in its HELP section.  You can't add a second ID to ADE either, for the same reason.What you CAN do is to change users, and authorize ADE with the same ID you used when you downloaded the ebook.  You do this by bringing ADE up, then u...

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi manobird,

If you used one ID to install ADE, you cannot download an ebook from a site into ADE if you used a different ID.  That's the way the Digital

Millenium Copyright Act of 2000 was implemented to prevent unauthorized copying of ematerials.  ADE tells you that in its HELP section.  You can't add a second ID to ADE either, for the same reason.

What you CAN do is to change users, and authorize ADE with the same ID you used when you downloaded the ebook.  You do this by bringing ADE up, then using the CNTLSHIFTD key combination, you will deauthorize ADE.  Close ADE and reopen it, and ADE should ask you to authorize it.  At this point, you can enter the second ID, and ADE will take off from there.  BUT, keep in mind that any other ebooks you downloaded into ADE with the first ID will not be accessible until you go through the same process again and revert to the first ID.

Hope this helps!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i enter the password into Adobe Digital Editions it says, "Unable to erase Authorization. Please try after some time." I have waited and tried and again, but the same problem keeps on coming up and I am not sure why. Can someone please help me please?
Thanks.     

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines