• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't authorise my adobe digital editions

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been trying to login to authorise my ADE to enable me to read borrowed ebooks on my ereader.  I have tried to do this over the last 12 Months and have now given up.  I am not great at doing this so I need help now to try and login to authorise so I can actually use ADE.  The sign that comes up when I try to login is "incorrect login or password for the selected ebook vendor. Please try again."

Help me please

Debbie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Debbie,

You can refer to this help article Digital Editions Help | Authorizing and de-authorizing Adobe Digital Editions  and see if that helps.

For further assistance moving your query to Adobe Digital Editions​ space.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most likely because Debbie is using two-factor authentication for the Adobe login which ADE can't handle and isn't mentioned anywhere in the ADE Guides.

@Akanchha: Please udpate the guides to mention that two-factor authentication has to be disabled when authorizing/de-authorizing devices in ADE (at least with an Adobe ID).

debbiek42562338​ Try to disable the two-factor authentication when authorizing ADE on an device (and enabling it again after). It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post but you are a champion,  I was pulling my hair out for 2 days with Adobe "support" team. I finally got it working after reading your post.  With the money they get from subscribers to their software you'd think they could hire a decent programmer to fix this issue by now...cheers again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrlanz THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I turned off two factor authentication and it worked straight away, you're a lifesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disabling multi-factor auth worked, but then I got a different error that I can only authorise using an account not already authorised with ADE (aka you can only authorise ADE on one of your devices only!!!).  I hate this app.  It's so restrictive, and doesn't follow modern processes eg having app passwords so you can login without disabling MFA.

It's so unusable.  For less techie people, how are they supposed to be able to work out what they need to do to be able to read a book they purchased on their ereader??

E0D4C_0-1599466639544.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Two factor authentication in your Adobe login first. I agree with Chrlanz above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines