• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't authorize on Win7 E_AUTH_INVALID_KEY_DATA bad padding

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to authorize my Digital Editions program on my Windows 7 32bit. If I enter my credentials I geht the

error message you see in the subject.

Tried it over several days.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't think this suggestion will work in your case, but probably worth a try anyway ...

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

Try completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds plausible, but sadly didn't help. Nevertheless thank you for the try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

ETA: Try using ADE 1.7 (you can find it here). It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preface: I know this thread is old, but I'm replying here because it's the #1 Google hit for the error.

I was receiving this error across multiple devices AND accounts. The common thread turned out to be my very long passwords (I use keychain software instead of trying to remember/type them manually.) Once I reduced my password from my usual 100 chars to a more manageable 12, the issue cleared up immediately and I was able to log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Length of the password turned out to be the issues on my side as well. Thanks for sharing as it solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the issue for me as well. My ~100 character long password failed, and when I changed my password to a much shorter one, it worked perfectly.

How odd that you must sacrifice security for this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, got the E_AUTH_INVALID_KEY_DATA  error when logging in from my macbook. Resetting the password to 12 chars it just worked.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, why is this still an issue? Seriously since 2013 people have to sacrifice security to use this product! It's 2020 now and I faced this issue just now.

The solution was to have a shorter password, that shouldn't be a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. It's been a long time since I had to use software as low quality as ADE. Just incredible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines