• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change Adobe ID on Digital Editions

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to load a book onto my Kobo and the advised wisdom is to deauthorise and reauthorise your computer. However, my ADE is stuck using an old ID; I changed my email address with my Adobe Account, so the email address now doesn't work with the password, but the new email address hasn't transferred onto ADE.

I can't change my email address back to the one on ADE, because I can no longer access the old email address to verify the change. I have also uninstalled the programme and resintalled it, but it just automatically goes back to using the old email address. I spoke to the chat agents but they were no help, and said that they can't give technical support for ADE because it is a free application. 

Does anyone have any idea how I can change the Adobe ID associated with my ADE? My fear is that it's not possible, but I have manged to change my email address with every other application / company I use, and this is the only exception!

TOPICS
ADE authorization , Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have EXACTLY the same problem. I contacted support and both times they sent me here because they don't know what to do about the problem. I really hope someone in the community can resolve it.

I have deauthorised and to reauthorise ADE wants to send a verification email to my old address (now non-existent) even though it is no longer the address associated with my Adobe account!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines