• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't connect Kobo to ADE (chromebook)

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a chromebook and installed the ADE app.  I'm trying to transfer a library book from ADE to my Kobo, but the instructions say to click on the devices tab in ADE to authorise it, but there isn't a devices tab at all, juste a library. There doesnt seem to be any place in ADE to add a device, or another version I can install on a chromebook. The computer does recognize the Kobo in it's files and it'S charging, and the books are in ADE and readable there, but I cant find a way to transfer them into the Kobo reader. 

Help, please. 

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. There's not even a device option on the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue...has anyone figured this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than one year later and I have the same issue. Got a Kobo Libra H20 today to find out I can't use it to read e-books I have bought earlier as ADE and Chromebook isn't compatible. That's what Kobo help center told me to, they also told me the only way is to use ADE on a PC or MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a way to do it, although it's not very easy...

You must install via the Google play store the ADE app and also install another app called Auto Sync for Google Drive.

You can use the auto sync app to synchronize the Adobe Digital Editions folder to your Google drive. You can then drag ascm files to the ADE app. The auto sync app will synchronize it to the Google drive.

Then there is one more tricky step. You can install this software on your Kobo device.

https://github.com/fsantini/KoboCloud

You need to follow the guide on the page on GitHub.

The software will automatically synchronize the contents of the Google drive folder with the ADE content to your Kobo device.

It works for me, without having to plug in the Kobo device into the Chromebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank you so much for this! I really appreciate your explanation and am so happy I can do this without having to even connect my device anymore. I like to check digital books out from my local library and was a pain to take out my PC or Mac laptops when my chromebook was so small and light. I was able to checkout and download the book, put it through the Adobe Digital Editions app, and move the .epub file from the ADE app file folder into my google drive folder and it synced to my Kobo! I am seriously so happy right now and appreciate you greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed ADE and Drive sync but I still can't transfer the file to ADE. I still only see the library but nothing has changed. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines