• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete computer authorisation in Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't delete the Adobe Digital editions computer authoriisation.

I am trying to read an Ebook using ADE - the bookstore Booktopia is unable to help because their instructions require me to first erase the computer authorisation. I cant do this because I get an error message saying my password is incorrect. I have been referred to this forum by Adobe Support. I have reset my password in both Booktopia and Adobe, and I still cant erase the computer authorisation.

Please help.

With thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. At some point I authorized my computer for my library but I'm trying to use ADE for a book I bought. Because the ADE is only signed on to my library, I need to erase the authorization and use my Adobe account. But I can't believe it wants a Vendor ID and password that I don't have. I've tried logging in with my library card number and password, but nothing seems to work and I have no idea how to find out what the ID might be.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.43.08 PM.png

Can someone help us? It seems as if the normal Adobe help center can't help with this and I can't believe how many unanswered issues I'm seeing on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I've just had my IT guy help fix this problem.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.8.

He went to the Windows registry file that had my Adobe digital ID and deleted it. I cant tell you exactly how to access this file or how to recognise it but that was the process. (If you look in the Authorization information in the ADE file menu under Help, there is a code number after "urn:uuid:" which is your ID. He also at one stage searched for that and found a file.) Defiantely in the Windows "backend".  Restarted the computer. Then he reinstalled ADE and we went through the reauthorization process using the Booktopia instructions. It's very confusing because Vendor Login ID was my email address and the password was the password for Booktopia, which had to match my Adobe ID password. Happy to say can read the Ebook now - - Booktopia support reset all that for me so I could have a fresh download, but they couldn't assist with the Adobe ID issue of how to erase authorization etc - see my post above.

I hope this helps.

Alexa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Alexa, but I’m on a Mac - does anyone know how to do something similar on Apple products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AlissaN

I got onto the solution to my problem on a PC by following this thread, which is about a Mac: The thread runs over several years, but not many entries. Hope this helps. Cheers

Tags: adobe digital editions deauthorize & deactivate

Try to find:  matthewp19718279, Nanaky,

- this s the most useful information from that thread ...

geris333

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the

trash.

If you are using 10.7, see

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines