• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Erase Authorization in ADE

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting 'Error! Check Authorization'.  When I select 'Erase Authorization' from the Help drop-down, it shows my Adobe ID and wants the password.  I enter the password, hit 'Continue' and it acts like it doesn't like the password.  I can log into Adobe.com, change my password, and come back to ADE, same thing.  I have uninstalled ADE, cleared cookies, cache, etc., restarted the computer, and re-installed ADE.  It shows up already authorized and gives the same error message.  It still won't let me Erase Authorization.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great worked just right

Thank you

Why this cant be corrected in software is anybodys guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the directions of using Finder. I had found the .dat file before but the icon in front was VLC. Clearly not.

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.

Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to roll back to v3.0 from v4.5 which is unfortunate. 

The rollback and the registry hack at the top of the thread is the only way I could read books on my Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  The ADE software wouldn't deauthorize and this is the only thing that fixed the problem.  It's such a mystery why Amazon's Kindle ecosystem dominates this market...basic functionality on Adobe requires you jump through multiple hoops and most of the time one of the hoops is broken and you can't complete it.  With Amazon, you sign in once and you're done, none of this authorization garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines