• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get authorised

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony PRS350 which has been talking to Sony Reader for PC happily for years, i.e. AdobeID is set up and working. I have now had to purchase a new computer and, obviously, want this to support my eReader. However, when I try to authorise my computer with the Adobe ID details I use on the other setup, I get an error which is "Unable to authorise this reader. Contact Sony support"

I want to understand why this is happening.

Second, I want to know if I can get round it. Because it's a new PC, it's never been linked to the eReader, and the PC does not have an ADobeID. If I create a new AdobeID (does the eReader have to be connected at the time I'm doing this?) will this 'lock' all the books that I've previously put on my reader (obviously using the existing AdobeID).

Thirdly,I've got a lot of books I've purchased, as opposed to borrowing from the local library. Am I going to be able to put these in the new Sony Reader for PC app (and read them) or are they permanently tainted with the old AdobeID?

I was a computer programmer for 27 years. Why is this so hard?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader for PC ist no Adobe Product. Its a own reader app. Better you contact the Sony support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nanaky

Thank you for replying, but I would ask you, politely,to read the question again. It is not a Reader for PC issue. It is Adobe DRM which is refusing to authorise the computer. Providing it with the username and password which works on the old PC causes it to throw up the error listed.

Also, I need an answer to the second question. If I give up on trying to make Adobe DRM recognise the existing username and password and go through the 'Create an Adobe ID' option, will this 'lock out' all the books which have been loaded on the reader using the old Adobe ID.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines