I am a distributor supplying all of France public libraries.
My customers on Mac complain that they can't open our .acsm files. I have the same experience.
I have Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 and previously Mojave 10.14.6 and it didn't work on any of them.
When I try to open any .ascm file, I get the same error message : "Connection Error Detected Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."
- My internet connection is just fine.
- Our ebook server works well.
- Date and time are correct
- The ADE server is up and running
- The .ascm files are fine, no problem with them.
- restarting the computer,
- uninstalling and reinstalling ADE,
- unauthorizing and reauthorizing my computer,
- installing older versions of ADE doesn't work - I get a message that the app needs updating
but it didn't work.
I see on this forum that the problem has been going on since 2013, that there are 7 pages of similar complaints and ZERO resolution. I receive hundreds of complaints from our customers. This is a disgrace. I will need to switch DRM if Adobe doesn't provide any solution.