• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open DRM-protected epub3's on e-readers

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a company that deals with digital lending in libraries and many of our users are unable to transfer ebooks from Adobe Digital Editions to Kobo and other DRM-compliant e-readers: every time they try, they get a message that asks them to authorize their e-reader (when in fact it's already correctly authorized).

To be more specific: it seems to happen on DRM-protected epub3's and is happening more and more frequently in the last two weeks, both via Mac and Windows computers. I see that many users have had the same problem: does anyone have at least a temporary solution, given that this problem undoubtedly depends on Adobe Digital Editions? Thank you.

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I had the same problem with epub3's in the last few weeks; Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 seems to work just fine on Windows computers, so I suggest you try with that. Unfortunately, you can't run that version of ADE on MacOS Catalina, cause it's too old. I'm trying to get in touch with Adobe, but their help desk is a bummer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! We tried with that temporary solution for Windows users, so I'll keep you posted about that. Of course we're still having a major Adobe issue with MacOS users. So sad =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines