• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open puchased digital editions in app

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all of the sudden I can't open my books downloaded and stored in the app on my ipad! It worked fine yesterday. I have tried to reset app and ipad, but when i tap the books nothing happens! Pleas help! Have deadline to meet today and need access to these books!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that any version of ADE older than the latest version (4.5.7) will not work now. 

You'll need to:

1. Uninstall the current version of ADE on your computer, and
  2. Download and install the new version from Adobe's download page.

Note:  If you're outside the US and that link prompts you to go to your local Adobe site, don't.  They haven't updated their regional pages with the latest download links.  Just choose to go to Adobe's US site.

Here's a bit more detail from Adobe on this issue.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  I downloaded version 4.5.7 on the weekend, it worked fine on the 17/3.  Since yesterday, I am getting unable to open file message but I can clearly see the epub is in that location.

What can I do? I paid for the ebook to study. I tried on my iPhone but it is going in circle in the authorization stage.

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the newest version worked for me. It's baffling they would just release an update that will cripple your ability to use the program and not send out a single communication about it.

I only got this program to use a single e-textbook for a class, and it has been the absolute worst experience I've ever had as a consumer from every possible angle.

Adobe if you are reading this (which at this point I doubt you even care enough about your customers to do even that), in the future I will never use this product ever again. For any reason. Ever. You should be ashamed at your startling lack of competence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the new version to download? Everyone I go on the Adobe site and use the link, they say it is not available on the US site.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using the iOS version and it just appeared in the update section on App Stor, I’m in the U.K. by the way and while the app seems to have been removed I think the updates are still working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just checked and there was an iOS update for my phone but I had deleted the app from my iPad which is preferred.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s been an update overnight which appears to have fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you by chance changed the date and time to address the initial issue, don’t forget to change it back. I thought I was still having a problem and that was the problem.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried to erase authorization but ADE never do this too I tried many times and it says every time "Unable to erase authorization. Please try after some time."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again...

My ADE was 4.5.7 and I removed it from my PC. Then I removed all data of it. Literally all data. Then I download ADE 3 and installed it, then erased authorization and restarted PC and reauthorized ADE. That'a all Now it's working again with .acsm links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently this problem still exists! But in my case, I can't open a book i have just purchased. The older books I had on the app before, work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 27 August 18 this problem persists - i downloaded the ADE app from Google PlayStore yesterday evening, installed the app, authorized the device and am unable to download any of my existing library to my Samsung tablet.

The utter lack of functionality of the app makes it even more frustrating, e.g. the lack of app settings available. I've read through the solutions however haven't found any have resolved the issue. If anybody hs had any success with ADE on a Samsung tablet i'd be pleased to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost my ebook - can't find it anywhere!  Tried uninstalling and installing both on my Samsung android phone and on my laptop.  Nothing.  This was not a cheap ebook.  I paid $70 for this ebook and I can't find it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out! When you download the book. Open the download in the downloads tab and tap share and then the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines