Highlighted

Can't transfer ePub files to Kobo using ADE 4.5.10 on Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since I updated my Mac to OS Catalina I have been unable to transfer ePub files to my Kobo. I was previously using ADE 3.0 which, as it failed to open with Catalina, I assumed was 32 bit. So I installed ADE 4.5.10 but every time I try to move an ePub file to it I get the following error message: 'Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY'.

If anyone has had this problem and managed to solve it, I would really appreciate some help!

Thank you.

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't transfer ePub files to Kobo using ADE 4.5.10 on Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since I updated my Mac to OS Catalina I have been unable to transfer ePub files to my Kobo. I was previously using ADE 3.0 which, as it failed to open with Catalina, I assumed was 32 bit. So I installed ADE 4.5.10 but every time I try to move an ePub file to it I get the following error message: 'Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY'.

If anyone has had this problem and managed to solve it, I would really appreciate some help!

Thank you.

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help you but am having the same problem. Apparently you're supposed to deauthorise and then reauthorise the computer, but every time I try and do that it just says "Unable to Erase Authorisation. Please try again after some time." If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had a long Live Chat with Kobo and it's been escalated to Development. I should get a reply next week. They tried to push the issue back to the library but I said I had tried different books from different libraries, using Overdrive and BorrowBox. So watch this space! Might be worth you also using Kobo Live Chat as, although I said it wasn't just me having this problem, I'm not convinced they believed me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and found this solution from several years ago:

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

That worked for me (once I followed the instructions on accessing hidden library files on my Mac), but then I enountered a new problem:  ADE isn't recognizing my Kobo. One step at a time...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CalamityJenni,

Thanks for this - unfortunately I can't do this because the option is greyed out! In any case, ADE does recognise my Kobo - I just can't transfer any books to it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0
carmo59 LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received a reply from Kobo with instructions on how to resolve the problem, which has worked for me. They aren't that easy to follow, but I worked it out. Hope it works for you too!I received an answer from the Development team about ADE 4.5.10 not working in your Mac with a Catalina OS, and thus not being able to download library books to your Kobo Aura eReader.

'In order to solve this problem, please try the following:

A)

1. Connect the eReader to the Computer

2. Open ADE and de-authorize the eReader and Close ADE

3. Back up everything from the eReader to a Folder in the computer

4. Once everything is backed up > Delete all the folder/files in the eReader

5. Setup the eReader

6. Eject the eReader safely

B)

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Cmd-Shift-D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users/[[Your user account]]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. ADE is now deauthorised.

If for some reason you cannot navigate to the activation.dat file (Mac OS X 10.7 and later), please try the following:

1. Go to the Finder menu.
  2. Hold down the Option (Alt) key and select Go. This reveals the hidden user library.
  3. Select Library.
  4. Go to Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and delete the file named “activation.dat”

C)

1. Reboot the computer
  2. Open ADE and authorize the computer
  3. Close ADE
  4. Connect your eReader
  5. Open up ADE and authorize the eReader
  6. Re-Download the ACSM file and Open it with ADE
  7. Transfer the books to the eReader using ADE'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2020 0