Highlighted

Can't use or de-authorize account "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12"

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to use my account, nor am I able to erase the authorization. When attempting to open downloaded books, I get the error message "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12". I was told to de- and then re-authorize the device (Mac osX 10.13.6), but attempting to erase the authorization I also get an error message, "Unable to erase authorization. Please try after some time." Trying again doesn't work. I'm able to log on to my account on the Adobe website so shouldn't be a password issue. Any help?

TOPICS
ADE authorization, Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't use or de-authorize account "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12"

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to use my account, nor am I able to erase the authorization. When attempting to open downloaded books, I get the error message "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12". I was told to de- and then re-authorize the device (Mac osX 10.13.6), but attempting to erase the authorization I also get an error message, "Unable to erase authorization. Please try after some time." Trying again doesn't work. I'm able to log on to my account on the Adobe website so shouldn't be a password issue. Any help?

TOPICS
ADE authorization, Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same issue. Is anyone from Adobe here to answer this? There are a few similar issues posted here and no official response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I'm also experiencing this problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, unable to open any downloaded book. Anybody found a solution? I have contacted Adobe customer support three times, but they just told me that they don't offer support for free-of-charge products!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked on Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. When opened ADE again I could re-authorize my computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0