• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot authorize computer in ADE

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe Digital Editions for years without a problem.  I started having difficulty with it when I switched to a computer running Windows 10.  Now I get an activation error when I download an EPUB  ebook.  Following a suggestion on the Adobe website, I tried to de-authorize and then re-authorize the computer.  The de-authorization worked, but when I tried to auyhorize the computer again, the option was grayed out and I could not.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled ADE,then tried the authorization again.  It was still grayed out.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines