Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot authorize new computer, Digital Editions does not accept login

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to authorize a new computer for my Adobe ID in Digital Editions. This fails with the message that my login/password is incorrect for the selected vendor. I've tried to reset my password multiple times, no luck. I can however login successfully on the webpage (and this forum) using the same ID. I've tried on and off to get this to work for a week now, same result every time. I would really appreciate some help in getting this to work and being able to access my books again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

So it turns out that the web password form and login accepts password characters that Digital Editions cannot handle (typical adobe software quality I guess). Changing the password to something with only plain ascii allowed me to authorize the computer (Digital editions then became completely unresponsive while it fetched all my books to the library with one book/3-4 seconds, for a minute or two. Typical adobe software quality strikes again...). Anyway, moral of the story, use simple passwords t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same problem. when I want to authorise my ID, it tells me, that i don't have a connection problem.

"Digital Editions konnte keine Verbindung zum Aktivierungsserver herstellen. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie mit dem Internet verbunden sind."

Obviously, my Internetconnection works, because I can post this. I also was able to log in in the acrobat reader. Same problem occurs when i whant to authorise my pc without an ID.

So what else can I do...? already reinstalled it and deactivated my antivirus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it turns out that the web password form and login accepts password characters that Digital Editions cannot handle (typical adobe software quality I guess). Changing the password to something with only plain ascii allowed me to authorize the computer (Digital editions then became completely unresponsive while it fetched all my books to the library with one book/3-4 seconds, for a minute or two. Typical adobe software quality strikes again...). Anyway, moral of the story, use simple passwords that poor, little DE can understand, it is a troubled little child and needs special care (also, never contact adobe support, it is completely useless).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  But, I've now changed my Adobe ID password 3 times (all of which the Adobe web site happily accepts and I can sign on with there).  Right now, I'm down to straight alphanumerics and it still doesn't work.  Could it be a problem with 2FA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it WAS the 2FA I'd set up on my Adobe ID.  I had to go back and remove it (at least temporarily).  Once I did that, ADE 2.0.1 authorized fine.  I can't believe the media we purchase is protected by a company that produces software like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe it... Thanks for your reply @istomoreanta.

I couldn't manage to deactivate 2FA one it was set up (...), so I had to create a secondary account without it:

antoniolopez_0-1596869696870.png

Are you f*ck*ng kidding me, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines