• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot connect to the fulfillment server on ADE

New Here ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot download books from the library because Adobe Digital Editions cannot connect to the fulfillment server.

And yes, i am connected to the internet, which is the only clue it gives. Please help, i like checking books out. Very frustrated, library is useless.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Same problem for half a year with no help from Adobe.

FINALLY SOLVED!!!!!!!

1st ---Uninstalled A.D.E. latest version (4.5... )

2nd----Deauthorized my computer (deleting activation.dat file from ...application support/adobe/digital editions)

3rd--- installed A.D.E. 3.0 (look at the bottom of the page)

BINGO!!!!

Afer trying LOTS of possible solutions, including almost everything possible....

Adobe should give support, even though it´s a free software... there is no alternative to them... It´s frustrat

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 as well as Android. The Adobe customer service is no help either. That's why I don't use them for my business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please check following things:

1. Make sure you are connected to internet.

2. Restart the device/machine and  try again.

or

Try following things:

Restore internet explorer to default setttings:

Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.

Close Internet Explorer.Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

Now Launch ADE and try to fulfill again.

Hope this works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how to solve the problem on Android devices?

I've got similar problem with a freshly installed Digital Editions on Android. Cannot download a book: error message is something like "cannot connect to the fulfillment centre, check internet connection".

I am sure that internet connection is OK, even tried with different ones.

UPD: I do not have any firewalls, antiviruses or whatever similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. This doesn't solve the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ADE

4.5, and 2.0. It doesn't work. It doesn't work on Android App either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try to open the URL - >> http://adeactivate.adobe.com  using Internet Explorer and share a screenshot of what you see.

Kindly also share a screenshot of the error you get while using ADE on your Windows 10 machine.

Regards,
Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 55.pngScreenshot 56.pngScreenshot 57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Can you please try running ADE by doing right-click >  Run as Administrator and then check.

In case the issue persists, would you be able to advise if you see this error with all ebooks or with some specific ones.

WOuld you be able to try testing it by downloading a sample ebook from the below link and let me know how it goes -

Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have suddenly started having problems with downloading books from the library from both my desktop computer and laptop.  This after borrowing without any problems for the last four years or so.  After numerous attempts downloading different versions of ADE and looking into a number of suggestions on the chat site, I am getting now getting same message as the first person of May 9 2015 i.e. cannot connect to the fulfillment server and yes I am connected tot he internet.

Tried chatting twice with Adobe agents and they were unable to help (very disappointing); they just wound up refering me to the chat room which I had already surveyed. 

I feel this is poor service indeed.  If one agent cannot help he or she should be able to bump the problem up to a more experienced supervisor or agent.

I have now tried downloading the sample e-book and that works.  Running as administrator did not solve the problem of downloading from the library.  i'm operating Windows Vista and am now back to ADE 2.0

Hope someone can help.  I'm no expert and I've done all I can to solve this on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with my library but it works with kobo. although last week kobo had the same problem. please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Ipad Mini 2.  I downloaded books several days ago but after checking out the book was unable to connect to the fulfillment server  while downloading to my Ipad this morning.  I tried 3 different libraries and all gave the same message.  My Ipad has ADE version 4.5.2.152305 and version 10.1.1 (14B100).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for half a year with no help from Adobe.

FINALLY SOLVED!!!!!!!

1st ---Uninstalled A.D.E. latest version (4.5... )

2nd----Deauthorized my computer (deleting activation.dat file from ...application support/adobe/digital editions)

3rd--- installed A.D.E. 3.0 (look at the bottom of the page)

BINGO!!!!

Afer trying LOTS of possible solutions, including almost everything possible....

Adobe should give support, even though it´s a free software... there is no alternative to them... It´s frustrating and we even considered to go to the dark side to avoid all this turdy mess

Good luck!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Could you tell me exactly which file you deleted before installing ADE 3.0(deleting activation.dat file from ...application support/adobe/digital editions)?  I've tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing after installing 3.0 but this didn't work.  Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ist NOT  "FREE SOFTWARE"!

The Software ist paid by buying books.

anyone who claims that this is free software is breaking the rules of the law.

It is unfair to claim such while it is clear that publishers and authors pay Adobe Inc. to provide this encryption / decryption.

Adobe Inc. has offered itself to publishers and authors by providing this service for a fee. Therefore, there can be no doubt that the service must work flawlessly for 60 years to the purchasers of books. Because that is how long the copyright protection for literature and art exists.

And indeed, these decades apply regardless of how old a reader is. Adobe Inc. must ensure that the protection works for the benefit of the book purchaser.

Otherwise, the public prosecutor must be called in to check whether unfair competition exists. Unfair acts are those who do not keep advertising promises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unfair to claim such while it is clear that publishers and authors pay Adobe Inc. to provide this encryption / decryption.

Adobe Inc. has offered itself to publishers and authors by providing this service for a fee. Therefore, there can be no doubt that the service must work flawlessly for 60 years to the purchasers of books. Because that is how long the copyright protection for literature and art exists.

And indeed, these decades apply regardless of how old a reader is. Adobe Inc. must ensure that the protection works for the benefit of the book purchaser.

Otherwise, the public prosecutor must be called in to check whether unfair competition exists. Unfair acts are those who do not keep advertising promises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ENGLISH
German below

wer behauptet, dies sei kostenlose Software, verletzt die Regeln des Gesetzes.

Es ist unlauter, solches zu behaupten, während klar ist, dass Verlage und Autoren die Firma Adobe Inc. dafür bezahlt, dass sie diese Verschlüsselung / Entschlüssung bereitstellt.

Adobe Inc. hat sich den Verlagen und Autoren mit dieser Leistung gegen Entgeld angedient. Daher kann es keinen Zweifel geben, dass die Dienstleistung gegenüber den Erwerbern von Büchern 60 Jahre lang einwandfrei funktionieren muss. Denn so lange besteht der Urheber-Rechtsschutz für Literatur und Kunst.

Und zwar gelten diese Jahrzehnte ungeachtet, wie alt ein Lesegerät ist. Adobe Inc. muss dafür sorgen, dass die Schutzvorrichtung zugunsten des Buch-Käufers funktioniert.

Ansonsten muss der Staatsanwalt angerufen werden, er solle prüfen, Unlauterer Wettbewerb vorliegt. Unlauter handelt, wer Werbeversprechen nicht einhält.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines