Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Deauthorize ADE - Mac - Tried Everything

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone -

I know this topic is on here a few times but none of the other suggestions work for me. I am trying to deauthorize my ADE account on my Mac but I do not know the ADE password associated (I can however log in to my Adobe account in the web). I get the error 'Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time.' I have contacted Adobe support and they tried a few things but nothing worked. I followed the steps about navigating into my Finder and going into the Adobe folders to delete certain files - I actually deleted a bunch of ADE file items about a year ago in frustration, so the folder doesn't even show up. I have deleted and redownloaded ADE but it automatically loads up my account without me doing anything. I have gone into my Adobe Account to reset my password etc. At this point, no matter what I do or delete, when I try to deauthorize my account I still get that same error. I am at wit's end! 

TOPICS
Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. And when I try to chat with the adobe customer centre, they can't help me and send me to this page.

FRUSTRATING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've "chatted" with customer service 4 times and have received no help. I keep getting the message that I've too many device activations - different front-end issue, but same authorization issue. I'm VERY frustrated. Yes, it's a free product, but it's necessary to read DRM materials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have totally removed ADE 4.0 and installed 3.0 again. For the time being this helped!

When removing I had to find all the hidden maps and documents on the Mac (shift+command+>), to really remove everything, but then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines